Sunday, April 15, 2012

Photography Lace crown - How To

Don't you love all those little crowns you see for sale? So I love all things photo prop and I am always looking for other things to do on my own. This Wonderful project was inspired by belly beautiful portraits when she told me how easy it was. 



Materials: 

You can use any type of lace but you can buy shaped lace as pictured at most craft stores by the yard. I purchased a yard and was able to make seven of these crowns

Metallic acryllic paint

Paint brush or sponge

Fabric stiffener

Fabric glue or tacking


Cut lace to desired length, I trimmed my lace after the sixth point.

Spray with fabric stiffener as directed on bottle, It takes about an hour to dry

Then you can generously add paint to both sides of the crown and smooth with a  brush or sponge 

Allow paint to dry 

Align both ends of crown and secure with fabric glue

Voila!! super easy photography crown!



13 comments:

  1. Dusty,

    This is AMAZING!!!! Thank you so much for sharing this!!!! ❤❤❤❤❤

    ReplyDelete
  2. eek, I LOVE it, thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank You! Love it! Great idia:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. so cute...i seriously thought you had crocheted that..i was like is she nuts i would get sooo lost with the small yarn and knowing where my stitches are etc...lol awesome idea

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much for the tutorial! Sure looks easy-peasy!! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are welcome ladies! @carolyn, it is sooo easy :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing! I thought those were always so very cute and wondered how people made those!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing. You are amazing! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How big around is it? I love the idea but would love to try it with different lace... Thanks for the blog post!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Do you have any suggestions for the seam? I can't quite get my seam to look "seamless"...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you so much for the tutorial. Have a great weekend.

    Hugs,
    Peggy~PJH Designs

    ReplyDelete
  13. How many times did you spray yours to get it stiff? The stuff I bought I have waited an hr and it's still not there. :D

    ReplyDelete